The Systems Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide strategic technical solutions and application engineering support for internal operations. The Systems Administrator is expected to take a lead role in the ongoing maintenance and maturing of the technical environment. They are expected to work with management to plan a technology roadmap and to work towards its implementation.
The Systems Administrator will provide guidance around the monitoring and management of the organization’s servers and systems. This includes installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting as needed. This individual will apply proven skills to solve issues related to the efficient operation of systems installed in the corporate data center.
Systems Administrator will assist with the planning and implementation of new systems in the corporate data center, including provisioning for power, data cabling and data backup.
Technical computer skills as well as good interpersonal and customer service skills are highly important. Courteous with a professional image, this candidate must be detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years IT experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in virtualization, file structures, retrieval and access methods, capacity planning, enterprise-wide network administration and security, disaster recovery and project implementation
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good process design and implementation skills
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Proven track record in working with multiple initiatives and projects at the same time
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required
- Ability to work independently
- Certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized institution or equivalent in years of experience.
- MCSE or MCSA
Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experienced in migration and consolidation.
- O/S: Windows 7, 10, Windows 2008/2012, Linux
- AWS VPC or other SaaS based solutions
- Office 365 / Azure
- DRaaS and / or Backup and recovery tools
- Familiar with FDA or SOX audits
- VMWare Vcenter 5.5 / 6.x
- EMC VSAN / Dell laptops / Servers
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO’s, network printing, etc.
- Protocols: TCP/IP, SFTP, Telnet, etc
- Distribution and Monitoring: MOM/SCOM, Solarwinds, Kaseya
- Patch Management: WSUS / kaseya
- VOIP / video – Broadview / Webex or Blue jeans or SIP solutions
- Messaging /collaboration: Office365, Sharepoint, skype, document management.
- Antivirus / Spam– Symantec, OpenDns
- Knowledge of routing and switching – VLAN’s, etc
- Incident and problem management – Kaseya or any ITSM tool
- Document procedures and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Willing to Self-Train / Cross-Train on technologies as needed.
Nice to have:
- SQL 2008 – 2016
- ITIL v3
- Microsoft Dynamics (AX, GP) – but not required