DUTIES – RESPONSIBILITIES:
Summary: Responsible for administration of automated/computerized system software and firmware to meet cGMP and procedural requirements. The Systems Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide technical solutions and application support for internal operations. The Systems Administrator is expected to take a lead role in the ongoing maintenance and maturing of the technical environment. They are expected to work with management to proactively support business operations.
The Systems Administrator will provide guidance around the monitoring and management of the organization’s systems. This includes installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting as needed. This individual will apply proven skills to solve issues related to the efficient operation of all onsite systems.
Technical computer skills as well as good interpersonal and customer service skills are highly important. Courteous with a professional image, this candidate must be detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Minimum 3-5 years IT experience preferably in a Pharmaceutical lab or manufacturing facility
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in virtualization, file structures, retrieval and access methods, capacity planning, network administration and security, disaster recovery and project implementation
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
• Proven track record in working with multiple initiatives and projects at the same time
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required
• Ability to work independently
• Technical certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized institution or equivalent in years of experience.
• MCSE or MCSA
Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• O/S: Windows 10, Windows 2012, 2016, Linux
• DRaaS and / or Backup and recovery tools
• Familiar with 21 CFR Part 11 and FDA audits
• VMWare Vcenter 6.5
• Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO’s, network printing, etc.
• Protocols: TCP/IP, SFTP, Telnet, etc.
• VOIP / video – RingCentral / Webex or Zoom
• Messaging /collaboration: Office365, Sharepoint, skype, document management.
• Antivirus / Spam– Symantec, OpenDns
• Knowledge of routing, VLAN’s and switching – NexGen Firewalls, Switches, etc.
• Provide troubleshooting and resolution for desktop/laptop hardware and software related problems.
• Provide technical support for laboratory and manufacturing equipment
• Configure and support of computers, servers, and communication equipment, adhering to IT standards.
• Work with external vendors to troubleshoot IT related issues for lab and manufacturing equipment
• Deployment/troubleshooting of Phones (desk, mobile, Wireless Devices, Conference)
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network topologies, processes, service maintenance records, and equipment backups for all computer and infrastructure equipment in the laboratory.
• Asset management, including maintenance of all computer and infrastructure equipment in the laboratory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
• Supports, validates and maintains laboratory software, both instrument specific or network based
• Serve as the computer system application specialist for all laboratory data systems.
• Participating in the authorship, execution and review of GAMP5 computer system validation of laboratory systems
• Responsible for initiating and executing change control within laboratory data systems.
• Actively participate in implementation of new laboratory equipment and laboratory modernization and compliance initiatives.
• ITIL v3 (Nice to have but not necessary)
• Knowledge of BMS, RTMS ( Building Management Systems, Realtime monitoring systems ) -(Nice to have but not necessary)
PLEASE INDICATE THE SPECIFIC POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING TO IN COVER LETTER. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COVER LETTER PLEASE INCLUDE POSITION NAME AT THE TOP OF YOUR RESUME.