Senior Director – Prostate Cancer Commercial Lead
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Director, Commercial Lead, for Prostate Products will have primary responsibility for the strategic development and direction of commercial planning and execution for global launch of prostate cancer products at Progenics. In addition, this role will partner with Progenics’ Digital to integrate artificial intelligence products into our prostate cancer diagnostic and therapy products.
Strategic leadership and cross functional collaboration
• Develop near and long-term launch plans and brand plans and contribute to life-cycle management including LOE strategies for PSMA imaging and therapeutic products.
• Develop franchise planning as appropriate to ensure PSMA assets are maximized across the portfolio; partner with cross functional team to ensure alignment on portfolio planning
• Develop and lead manufacturing/distribution partnerships that maximize global product access
• Drive product positioning and segmentation strategy that will contribute to the long-term growth of portfolio
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas and internal strategic partners (i.e. Medical Affairs, Corporate Affairs, CMC, Clinical and other colleagues)
• Engage with leadership team to support business reviews and communicate brand performance of the PSMA portfolio
• Direct, leverage and guide marketing team and cross functional colleagues to prioritize and deliver on critical success factors to support brand performance
• Focus on result-oriented performance, measuring outcomes on all marketing tactics and making investment recommendations based on return on investment (ROI).
• Plan and oversee branded advertising and promotion mix including creative development, sales force messaging, peer-to peer promotion, congress presence, consumer promotion (branded, general awareness, print) and integration of digital media efforts
• Review and evaluate the branded promotional material, market research plan and secondary data analysis; contribute to marketing strategy adjustments to meet changing market conditions.
• Adaptable to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change; coach internal and external teams to be adaptable and agile.
• Develop and manage brand and portfolio P&L: Partner with forecasting team and finance group to develop product forecasts and commercial budgets to support brand objectives
• Meet brand annual forecasts and spend targets
• Develop marketing talent
• Develop marketing leaders and cultivate marketing skills and talent within the Progenics organization
• Inspire, lead and manage prostate marketing team and produce high performing teams
Technical Skills Required:
• 12-18 years of commercial and/or marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, with experience launching /managing retail and specialty products. Experience in radiopharmaceuticals is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to lead product teams, implement product launches and achieve brand and market growth.
• Experience developing strategies and tactics, with a focus on sound implementation of through a combination of individual and team efforts, resulting in superior market growth.
• Degree in life science and/or business/marketing, MBA preferred
• US marketing experience required; ability to travel >20%.