Director – Nuclear Medicine Technology
The Director – Nuclear Medicine Technology will have a key role in launching Progenics’ new radio therapeutic candidate for the treatment of metastatic and/or recurrent pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma in the U.S.
The Director will have responsibility for preparing for and executing the nuclear medicine department readiness plans for the launch of the company’s lead therapeutic candidate. This role will include developing tools and programs to assist nuclear medicine departments in their ability to adopt this new therapy. The successful candidate will also be responsible for contributing to the overall go to market strategy for the lead therapeutic candidate as well as other radiopharmaceuticals in the pipeline. The individual will also collaborate with key stakeholders in marketing, sales, manufacturing, finance and other functions to ensure alignment of strategies and tactics and ensure deadlines are met across the working team.
DUTIES – RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist in the development and execution of the Progenics radiopharmaceutical product and services commercial strategy.
- Responsible for the management and execution of the Operational Plan for Administration Site set-up and for insuring site readiness.
- Develop and foster the growth of strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, Stakeholders, and Centers of Excellence.
- Responsible for analyzing gaps in commercial coverage, quantifying risks and opportunities and developing a plan to address.
- Work with the Vice President, Commercial and Brand Lead to define the ideal radiopharmacy network to insure customer access, while enhancing the utilization of existing. radiopharmaceutical network relationships with a view to maximize and simplify patient access.
- Formulate plans to identify, develop and manage new opportunities by leveraging synergies and capabilities across current and potential radiopharmacy partnerships.
- Coordinate contract management and contract negotiations with pharmacy partners to maximize value to Progenics.
- Manage staff as required to achieve company’s annual financial and strategic goals.
- Identify key segments, initiatives, territories and product lines to help drive effective and efficient Go-to-market strategy and team structure.
- Work with the Vice President, Commercial to define appropriate coverage model for the radiopharmaceutical business.
- Identify competitive landscape by region/zone and work with the partners to develop and execute strategic response.
- Cultivate long-term relationship with strategic pharmacy partners to support business growth.
- Coordinate with Executive team for determination of commercial viability of new products and to maximize distribution opportunities and patient access.
- Adhere to and uphold highest standards of compliance to relevant regulatory and Progenics Promotional Codes.
- Assure that radiopharmacy partners meet all FDA and Biologic product requirements.
- Enforce global compliance standards; perform rigorous initial and ongoing due diligence on current and potential radiopharmacy partner distribution facilities.
- Oversee compliance audit programs as necessary.
- Represent Progenics at industry trade shows and with industry advocacy groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nuclear Medicine; MBA degree preferred.
- Nuclear domain knowledge with minimum 10 years’ experience in the nuclear medicine industry.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the management of radiopharmaceutical account and sales channels.
- Strong executive presence with exceptional ability to present to C-suite level decision makers.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- High ethics and integrity.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven coordination and influencing skills to set and drive an agenda with third parties.
- Customer focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to build rapport, energize and influence people.
- Analytical with strong ability to present findings in a concise and simple manner.
- Interpersonal flexibility, tolerance and listening skills.
- Strong ethics and compliance orientation.