|Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director, Market Access is a payer-focused position that collaborates with field sales to appropriately facilitate health system reimbursement with payers. This position will have sole responsibility for payer relationships and marketing, while advancing Progenics’ business priorities, including but not limited to new product/indication introduction and launch, portfolio and product value proposition communication, and payer pull-through. In doing so, by supporting field sales where needed with health systems’ understanding of payer requirements, the Director, Market Access will be engaged as a key collaborator with the field sales and leadership team. This position is a geographic field-based role.
Deliver on Progenics’ strategic goals and optimize patient access with health systems, ACO’s, MCO’s, and MAC’s for our innovative products coming to market.
- Ensure cross functional coordination with the Progenics leadership team to represent the vision and mission for the company.
- Execute the payer strategy in alignment with agreed upon objectives in a timely manner to brand the company, the science, and technology within the payer channel.
- Respond to the needs of health systems and ACO’s in gaining access to products from Progenics.
- Address the needs of the market place to optimize Progenic’s success in creating access for the patients served.
- Leverage successful access with all entities to ensure successful pull through with field sales.
- Establish and maintain multi touch points at strategic payer accounts, including the C suite level, to create and communicate the value of Progenics’ products.
- Navigate payer organizations to ensure Progenics is building relationships with all key decision makers and potential influencers.
- Create partnerships with payer accounts for synergistic long-term relationships, paving the way for the pipeline of innovative products from Progenics.
- Ensure proper identification and prioritization of payer accounts
- Develop access maximizing programs for each account
- Ensure Progenics positioning and/or appropriate medical coverage policy development where applicable
Support Sales Pull-through
- Review data (sales, trends, comparison etc.) to identify pull-through opportunities
- Develop (and align) business cases (including tactics, KPIs) for clear pull-through assumptions
- Work with regional directors and sales to execute pull-through plans
- Assist in training the field on payer knowledge and formulary/processes for reimbursement
- Collaborate with Progenics’ leadership, Pricing, and MSLs to deliver account goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with other internal support functions (e.g., legal, compliance, payer marketing, etc.)
- Deliver payer insights back to market access and patient services teams as appropriate