MSL – Medical Science Liaison
Key Performance Indicators:
• Exhibits skill in establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining peer relationships with PIs/study site team, CROs, HCPs, KOLs, and non-profit organizations (patient advocacy groups) in therapeutic areas of interest and their teams
• Ensure timely and effective responses to medical/technical inquiries, related to marketed and pipeline compounds and/or clinical trial design/rationale, from PIs/study site team, HCPs, and KOLs using approved resources
• Lead timely actions on “medical voice of customer” (mVOC)
• Support medical expert engagement plan and congress planning
• Support Peer-to-Peer Programs, including aligning with KOLs and supporting a peer-to-peer relationship between doctors, to help drive understanding and education on disease states and treatments
• Provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information on pipeline compounds in support of ongoing and future company sponsored trials
• Partner with Clinical Development/Medical Affairs and Drug Safety to ensure accurate delivery of medical and scientific information, as needed.
• Partner with corporate communications and investor relations to support delivery of medical and scientific information
• Support Medical KOL and influence mapping, and document patient journey in centers of interest
• Work in conjunction with R&D to support requests for investigator-initiated studies and trials
• Liaison between R&D clinical operations and study sites e.g., sites as required to maintain company presence and enhance enrolment rate
• Identify additional trial centers for future trials for pipeline products
• Support Site Initiation Visits (SIVs) in line with clinical study plans
• Support enrollment goals for clinical trials for AZEDRA™, PSMA-targeted product candidates and other new molecular entities (as appropriate) including site visits and outreach to the site to proactively determine tactics acceptable to the sites to assist with referral and later consent.
• Design and develop Site Training for AZEDRA® treatment sites
• Develop certification program for Clinical Nurse Educators who serve as Site Trainers, and specialist nurses.
• Author Medical Information (MI) letters/ standard response documents (SRDs) and frequently asked question documents (FAQs)
• Maintains and demonstrate thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and published product data for Progenics and competitive product studies
Knowledge and Skill:
• Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain credible and scientific relationships with top experts in oncology.
• Experience in management of KOLs, Researchers and HCPs at all levels in both 1:1 and group settings
• In-depth knowledge of applicable Good Clinical Practices, ICH Guidelines and National Code of Practice
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills – able to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
• Detail-oriented, high-energy, and self-sufficient – able to carefully prioritize and drive projects to completion independently with the utmost integrity, with minimal oversight
• Possesses a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
• Able to serve as a subject matter expert for image acquisition, image quality and transfer related topics. Provide expert medical input to technical imaging documents such as the Image Review Charter, Study Reports and Technical Operation Manuals
• Advanced degree in medical sciences, nursing or a related field or Nuclear Medicine Technology is required. Physician (M.D./D.O.), Pharmacist (Pharm.D.), Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field, D.PH., Ed.D. R.N. or Nuclear Medicine Technologist NMT (Associates Degree or higher)
• 10+ years of solid tumor oncology and/or oncology imaging (Nuclear Medicine) pharmaceutical industry experience in engaging with medical experts, professional organizations and/or co-operative groups as a Regional Medical Liaison, or Medical Science Liaison strongly preferred
• Thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.